Sunday, June 5, 2011

And Here We Go

People of Earth, How are you?
I have been a casual extract brewer for almost two years now. I have made some disastrous beer and some freaking awesome beer. I have been learning quite a bit about the brewing process but the time has come for me to take the next step. I'm going all grain!!!! I'm gathering the equipment I need and I'm almost there. I just need to get a Hot Liquor Tank and I should be good to go.

My super original idea!
As I was thinking about what my first all grain beer should be I thought I should finally make one out of the Brewing Classic Styles book by Jamil Zainasheff and John Palmer. In my year and a half of extract brewing and owning this book I have yet to make a beer from it. I'm going to brew my way through this book and write to you lucky people about it. I hope to broaden my knowledge of brewing through this process and make some beers that I wouldn't normally do like pilseners, bocks, and sours. Maybe if I'm lucky Hollywood will discover me and make a movie based of this blog :)
So join along and let's see where this takes us. We may just get stuck on IPAs

No comments:

Post a Comment